Friday, August 10, 2012

Back to Our Regular Programming

Let's see last week we survived my wife suffering thru four TIA's or Mini-Strokes, we survived the loss of my job at the Arizona Repugnant, um Republic.  But all is right with the world,  I start my new job Monday.

Meet Ted, errrr Kevin.  Kevin is a get well gift from Rhea's boss Ted and the rest of the Team at AZ Interactive Media Group/Clipper Marketplace.  Coincently Ted is also my new boss.  And I am looking forward to what lies ahead.   Ted visited Rhea every day she was in the hospital and it is a great feeling to know you are working for a company that really cares about it's employees.

Ted is a huge fan the Berger & Argenti Entubar, He love the full bodied flavors that this cigar offers. He chose to pair with a Corona.

Ted left us last week to move to Kansas with his new Thunder Buddy Zayne (AKA Z-Man the Super Hero)

One final note on Rhea illness.  The cigar community has been awesome, I can't tell you how many calls, text messages, emails, Tweets, Direct Messages I received but on Friday I remarked to Rhea that "You have people that you have never even met wanting to know if we need anything to just ask.  If you need someone to sit with your wife just call  me, my wife does nothing all day. She'll be glad to sit with Rhea."

 It did not go unnoticed and it is very much appreciated.  Thanks to, fellow Penn Staters Chris and Jim,  Eric, Sam & Rosie, Vartan, Nick, Shelley, Jim, Joe, Juan, Prof., Del, Ron, Garo, Brandon and "Uncle" Michael.  You have no idea what your friendship means to me, um us.  Thank you from the bottom of our hearts 
              
Last week after seeing a tweet from Jose Blanco about smoking a Joya de Nicaragua Cabinetta Serie Lancero I decided to pick one up.  Jose is one of my favorite people in the cigar world.  Like the Perdomo's he interacts with his customers and if you ever spend any time with him  in person, you'll see what I mean.   While I couldn't get the Lancero I did enjoy the Corona.  Now I am waiting patiently for Jose's new blend the Cuenca Y Blanco. Any Day Now, Any Day!
Brandon Puckett, from Cigar King, knows that I was the bonehead who came up with whole Maduro Monday, Toro Tuesday and Yada Yada Yada so last week when I walked into the humidor he says; Maduro Monday Right?  He had me try the new Master Maduro from Torano.  He was right! this Cigar does NOT disappoint.  Torano uses a habano maduro wrapper and the cigar is  medium in strength but full of flavor. It's a flavorful blend that has complex balance of sweet & spicy notes with a rich finish.
We all know that cigar shops often  have the own house blend.  In my humble opinion these are often compared to well know lines but never measure up to what they are compared to.

The best house cigar I have ever  had comes from Ambassador Fine Cigars in Scottsdale, Arizona.

The Vartan Zoravar was blended by Henrik Kelner who is the head blender for Davidoff and both cigar's consist of five year aged tobacco and are rolled in the Davidoff Factory in the Dominican Republic. 

This week I treated myself to the both of the blends in the line.




If you are ever in  Scottsdale, or Peoria,  Arizona you owe it to yourself to stop by Ambassador Fine Cigars and try this magnificent cigar.

Also Congratulations to Vartan on being named a Davidoff Golden Band Award Winner.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment