Friday, August 17, 2012

When I Finish this Cigar


I really enjoyed the time spent with Stephen when he was home on leave.  We shared a "Step" Father/Son moment.  Stephen remarked that he had never had a "real cigar", other than a (cough cough weeze, weeze) Black & Mild.  So I went into my humidor cut and toasted a Perdomo Exhibicion for him while I had a Gurkha Ninja Knife. 

What Immediately ensued was the complaining, by his pregnant wife, about the smell of cigar smoke.  

So I promised that, before his leave was over, I would take him to a lounge where we could enjoy a cigar in peace.  We headed up to Fine Ash Cigars, I cut and lit a Perdomo 10th Anniversary Champagne for Stephen and I enjoyed a Tatuaje Capa Especial. 

Upon leaving Fine Ash, Stephen asked a question; "Are Acid's any Good?"  he is damn lucky I didn't post that to the facebook page "Serious Silly Sh*t Said in the Cigar Lounge!"  or Did I

Bonding with your (step) Son over a Cigar $14.93;  recieving text's from your respective wives say "It's time to come home, Now!"  $adness;  Being doused by Fabreeze when you walk in the door.  $Priceless

Earlier this week, I decided to return some emails and phone call over a cigar at Cigar King in Scottsdale.  Brandon pointed me in the direction the Cigar King Gold Series Lancero.

Mitchell Hirsch, the proprietor of Cigar King, works with several manufacturers to produce some very exciting brands that are exclusive to Cigar King.  Brandon explained to me that Willie Herrera (now with Drew Estate)  created this blend, for Cigar King, 5 years ago.

This was an enjoyable medium to full bodied cigar., that is not overpowering. The best part is the price point $5.95 per stick!

In recent weeks, when short on time and not wanting to spend a whole lot of money on cigar, I've picked up the Padron 2000.  In my humble opinion this cigar is an excellent value cigar.  The retail price on this cigar was $4.95 per stick

Last night we had, hopefully our last indoor meeting, of the West Valley Cigar Club.  Due to triple digit temperatures, we have had our events at Fine Ash Cigars in Avondale, Ambassador Fine Cigars-West in Peoria, and last night Fair Oaks Cigar in Peoria was our host.

This Ashton Cabinet paired very well my Yuengling Lager!
Thank's Again Chet, it is much appreciated!

#KEEP TIGHT ASH

No comments:

Post a Comment