Monday, December 3, 2012

Back to Life Back to Reality

One final pic from the Island of Maui. Last Tuesday  my wife and I talked about what will happen since I am unemployed, uh semi retired, will we relocate and if so where will we relocate to.  This contemplation occurred while sitting on Wailea Beach as I enjoyed the Big Kahuna Maduro.





Back to the topic at hand; events are in full swing this month in Phoenix and last Friday was no exception. Ambassador Fine Cigars in Peoria held a Villiger Cigar Event.  This is an interesting cigar company as they are based in Switzerland.  Several years ago I remember having one of their 1888 at an event at Ye Olde Pipe and Tobacco, it was OK.

This year Villiger added two new cigars to their lines the Villiger Talanga, and the Villiger Colorado which is a  wrapped in Jalapa Colorado leaf...I was surprised, then again both cigars are manufactured in Nicaragua. I enjoyed one of the Villiger Colorado's. It was a nice medium-full bodied cigars, that drew evenly, burned fairly evenly and did not require a single touch up or relight.


Since I had my first Four-Kicks, from Crowned Heads, earlier this year i have been waiting to try the Headley Grange. Which is named after the recording studio where Led Zeppelin recorded the song "When the Levee Breaks." The Cigars are part of a collaboration Ernesto Perez Carrillo, Jr., and Tabacalera La Aliana SA., Next up from the Crowned Heads will be the Limited Edition Mule Kick.



PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT 
It is never OK to wear a Cowboy Hat (a Black One at that too) and Deck Shoes.  I don't care who you are...Eric., crap like that will get you hung in Texas.  Oh by the way the Cigar is a Nat Sherman Timeless Collection #2.  Love this Cigar, Love it.





Finally, Several months ago I was given a very special limited edition Romeo y Julieta 125th Anniversary Churchill.  Part of the 1875 Collection this particular cigar had been sitting in my friend Rob's humidor for 12 years.  The cigar is a blend of Peruvian, Dominican and Nicaraguan fillers with an Ecuadorian wrapper and a broad-leaf binder.  I had saved this Cigar for a very special occasion, the birth of our first grandchild, LJ. 


John Stephen Sutto IV
AKA Little John or L.J for Short

No comments:

Post a Comment