Wednesday, March 28, 2012

F1, Cars, and Cigars

A couple of month's ago I joined the West Valley Cigar Club. I finally managed to attend one of their meet-ups. Held outside on the patio, at  Johnny Fox's Public House, it was a great time and I will definitely be making this part of my becoming a true Cigar Aficionado (sic).  The smoke I chose for this particular evening was the Alec Bradley Black Market, which I paired with a couple of Guinness Drafts and Fish & Chips.  By the way this place apparently has All You Can Eat corned beef and cabbage til 6pm every Thursday!



Sunday, me and a few of my closest friends held a Formula One Viewing Party at Ye Olde Pipe and Tobacco  in, the Biltmore Arcadia area, of Phoenix.  F1 Races, once you get the past the pre-race BS, usually have a 2 hour time limit. Racing in Malaysia is always sketchy, and due to the fact that the track is in a freakin rain forrest, this one had a 50 minute red flag for a torrential downpour!  My intent was to select a cigar that would last the entire race!  In theory it worked!  The cigar I smoked was the Padron Series Magnum Maduro,  50 x 9! 




I love cars! Yesterday while out and and about, in Scottsdale,  I came across this bad boy!  A Lingenfelter Corvette, with 650 HP to the rear wheels I referred to this car as Flat Black, Bad Ass and Wicked Fast


Last evening I found myself wondering aimlessly around the humidor at Ambassador Fine Cigars.  The photo is ONLY half of the humidor and  I was in there for a good 10 minutes.  Randy popped to make sure I was OK.  My response was yeah I'm just meandering.   About 5 minutes after Shelly popped in and....




...handed me this, the Viaje White Label Project Candela. The White Label Project,a according to Viaje, is  a series of small experimental releases that don’t fall into Andre Farkas’ various series of limited release lines.  This little gem was was actually created for St. Patricks Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment