Friday, April 6, 2012

And That's the Way It Is

It's getting hot here in the PHX, looking for something different.  Soon the Hillbilly Hilton, will be on summer, evening only hours.  This week I got on a kick where if something came in a tube I was buying it.  Ironically, when my wife Rhea, saw the tubes she had to have them.  So the Tubos are No Mas. The Cigards are still there, just sans the Tube!

This is a Cain Series F Super Ligero.  Full Bodied but damn this is smooth!



Meet my Step-Son Ryan, AKA the Hookah King, I guess Hookah Lounges are quite the rage and Ryan does (all 6'5" of him) work in a lounge.

It is what it is...

Ryan's older brother, Stephen,  is in the Army and is protecting our Freedom. 

For the past 3 years Fumar Cigars in partnership with "Blue Star Moms" has sent thousands of "sponsored" boxes to troops currently deployed in the Middle East theater of operations

Fumar Cigars, in collaboration with Oliva Tobacco, proudly manufactures cigars for all 5 branches of the military

Looking for something different I searched up and down the humidor at Stagg Tobacconist in N. Scottsdale. Rick Hopkins, the owners, has  three stores Ye Olde in Phoenix, and Stagg locations in Metro Phoenix, and N. Scottsdale.  They, along with Cigar King, are the premier retailer of Perdomo Cigars.  Here I am enjoying a Perdomo 10th Anniversary Champagne Magnum Tubo



Continuing with my Perdomo Sunday, I moved onto a glass of 2010 Prisoner, a Napa Valley Red Table Wine, 44% Zinfandel 26% Cabernet Sauvignon 18% Syrah 9% Petite Sirah 2% Charbono 1% Grenache  it made for perfect pairing with another Perdomo, this time the Perdomo 2, 2008 Limited Edition.  Did I mention this was a box press  and I love box pressed cigars

Didnt have a chance to smoke much this week, business commitments limited me to two cigars this week.  This is Viaje Skull & Bones MOAB,  The Mother Of All Bones.  This bomb was dropped on Cigar Retailers in late March, and well it is pretty tasty!
We've developed quite a little network on the Twitter, and recently a few of us have been sharing unquie cigars Jim Rednar, introduced me to the El Tiante Oscuro, Chris Davidson  has Hammer+Sickle Moscow City and last week  this bad boy.  The LFD Cameroon Cabinet,  this was unique in the fact it was a Chisel, and not your traditional torpedo, robusto, etc.  I will be buying  more of these, infact today I enjoyed a Cameroon Cabinet #1 (Not pictured).  Thoroughly enjoyable when paired with the Masters, even if the Masters was a replay on the Golf Channel. I mean seriously who works on Good Friday.  Tomorrows another day, its moving day at Augusta. 

No comments:

Post a Comment