Friday, April 27, 2012

The Week that Was

Here's a rundown, we'll call this 4 cigars, a baseball game, and a funeral;  whoops I meant wedding.

My love affair continues with Tatuaje, this is  the Copa Especial. I also found out that Pete Johnson, the man behind the Tatuaje brand, will make a one off appearance in the PHX on May 11th at Ambassador Fine Cigars West Valley location.  I am going to try my damnedest to make an appearance at this event, but a High School Graduation/Award Ceremony will in all likelihood preclude me from attending. Family comes first, ALWAYS.
Last week at the La Flora Dominicana event at Fine Ash Cigars in Avondale I picked up several La Flora Dominicana Cigars in various sizes and blends.  This is the LFD Air Bender. that I paired with a Napa Valley Cabernet.  The earthiness of the Cabernet paired very well with this cigar
Been meaning to try one these for the longest time, The Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial,  by My Father Cigar.  This was a fantastic cigar that was aged to perfection, dark and oily ! A mid afternoon smoke, I paired this with a Tall Hot Blonde (roast) from Starbucks...
Earlier today, I enjoyed a Ortega Serie D #10.  This is new to the humidor at Ambassador Fine Cigars in Scottsdale.  Really Nice Smoke, However I think this one needs some time in the humidor. This cigar is going to become a favorite of mine for another reason.  We are a Military Family and I discovered that the Ortega Cigar Company honors our American Heroes by donating 50% of the profits generated from the sales of THE BROTHERHOOD line of cigars to those who may be affected by a Soldiers departure. Thank You Eddie, We appreciate this!
The baseball game. Wednesday  I had the opportunity to host clients in our suite at Chase Field.  As the host, I get two tickets. I took the Arizona Diamondbacks #1 fan my mother to the game. We call this, Living the Suite Life! 

Ah, the Funeral uh wedding....Wednesday, my Step-Son , Stephen, and Sierra were married in a small civil ceremony in Ft. Riley, KS.  Stephen some valuable advice.  "Sometime's it's just easier to close your eye's. bow your head, and mumble 'Yes Dear.' "  Welcome to our Family Sierra, and Z-man

No comments:

Post a Comment