Friday, May 25, 2012

A Creature of Habit

How to fill a humidor in the simplest way...Attend events!

Last Week I attended a Gurkha Cigar Event at Ambassador Fine Cigar.  Buy 5 Get 2 Free.  I picked up a couple of Vintage Shaggy's,  The Gurkha Master Series, which has not been made for 6 years, a Cellar Reserve, and two Gurkha Evils


As apart of the event I was entered into a drawing and took home this flag.  I think it add to the decor of the Hillbilly Hilton but I was overruled and it was taken down...
I was really a creature of habit this week. I enjoyed several of my old favorites including the Patented La Flor Dominicana Air Bender Chisel (Right)--stillnot sure about the Chisel.  As you can see I punched it, on both sides!  And I followed that up with an El Tiante Habano Roasdao, a La Reloba Seleccion Sumatra, the Warlock, Both of these made Cigar Aficionado's Top 25 Cigars of 2011, and quite a few Arturo Fuente Flora Fina 8-5-8
Yesterday the the Tatuaje La Casita Criolla Robusto hit the humidor at Ambassador Fine Cigars.  This is a very well balanced medium bodied cigar.
Thanks to a couple of Boveda Packs,  I finally got my humidor stabilized! Yay Me and Boveda!  After a horrific experience with the first one RoMEo, the new Maduro from Romeo y Julieta I smoked a couple three weeks is just what the cigar needed.  Unlike the first one the wrapper on this cigar was slightly oily, with notes of cedar and hay.   Initially the draw was somewhat tight but loosed up relatively quickly. The Cigar was consistent with notes of Cedar and Hay and later cigar hints of black pepper and cayenne pepper.
Finally, Ryan Graduated from High School Yesterday.  I thought It was kind of cool that the Graduation was held at University of Phoenix , Home of the Arizona Cardinal. Welcome to the Real World, and we ain't talking about a reality series on MTV
Until Next Time....Have A Smokin Holiday Weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment