Saturday, October 27, 2012

Updating the Blog at Odd Hours Continues

Lunesta DOES Not Work!  This Public Service Announcement is brought to you by me.  Unless it is the design of this medication is two stages where you get 3 hrs of sleep on the front end, with a short break, in between followed by 4 hrs of sleep on the back end!

So I guess I will update my blog! This makes three posts in with in a 7 day period all during the hours of 2:30am -4:30am

This week some of the biggest names in cigar industry are in the PHX  . Eddie Ortega--Ortega Cigars; Clint Aaron-- 262 Cigars; Matt Booth--Room 101; Rocky Patel; Jesus Fuego--J Fuego Cigars;  Craig Cunningham--Esteban Carreras.



Eddie Ortega and I at Cigar King in Scottsdale
 

Matt Booth from Room 101 and I at Ambassador Fine Cigars West
 
For some reason I have been negligent in taking #nowsmoking photo's this week. It is what it is so deal with it.
 
 I have enjoyed a 262 Paradigm, and in the past week I tried the Revere in the both the Robusto and the Box Press, looking forward to trying the Ideology and if I can find it, the Manifesto,!  The back story to this line is awesome and as student of history and as a Brother of the Leaf  I get it. Here is a synopsis of what each Cigar in the line stands for.  Paraphrased from the 262 website.
 
The Paradigm says "don’t sit down, there’s work to be done. Stand up and let your voice be heard. The Revolution has already begun."
 
Ideology represents Clint Aaron's passion to create great cigars and 262 "believes as our country’s founders did; that our government should never be allowed to hold our God-given rights and liberties hostage in the name of “progress”. We believe it’s long past time to take back control of our own lives and be the creators of our own prosperity"
 
 The Manifesto refers to "the government has imposed unfair and increasingly higher taxes on cigars and restrictive smoking bans in order to raise money for their own programs. They advance this agenda while tightening the noose on small business owners and middle class workers alike. These taxes and smoking bans are just a few examples of the many devices being imposed that are destroying jobs, lowering incomes, and ultimately crippling our economy."
The Manifesto was released in February of 2012, the 50th anniversary of the day President Kennedy signed the Cuban Embargo. I must find one of these, however it is a very limited release cigar.
 
The Revere (below) is the newest release, a Nicaraguan Puro, that represents our freedom to smoke cigars which  is hanging in the balance. .

Paying homage to "Paul Revere who was an average, blue collar, working class citizen. But, it was his passion for the American Experiment and his sincere belief in freedom and liberty that drove him from obscurity to national hero. Paul Revere saw his opportunity to play a part. We also hope to inspire this spirit in others as we fight to keep the government out of our humidors. We must stand together, stand strong, and stand free."

This morning I  ran into Clint and Eric Parkinson at Ye Olde Pipe and Tobacco Clint told me that I was smoking a Revere and where it was located. As Clint is the leader of the Smoke the Revoluion Movement I listened.  Oddly enough this was the second or third time I ran into Clint his week! 


 
 
I had been enjoying the Origen by J Fuego, so today I picked up the 777 Zero Robusto, with a Connecticut wrapper, that is priced about $5 at local retailers here in the PHX
 
 
Spent some time with Matt Booth this Afternoon at Ambassador Fine Cigars West. Earlier this year I was given a pre-release of the Room 101 Daruma Papi Chulo a 4 x 42 that left me wanting more. Today I picked up the Sucio a larger full bodied 7 x 48.  The Daruma is named after daruma dolls, modeled after Bodhidharma, the founder of the Zen sect of Buddhism
 
          


The backside of the band has an image of the Namakubi. Although in many ways long gone, Samurai culture is believed to live on in spirit within certain groups. In ancient times when two Samurai clans would gather for competition there was a great deal at stake. Normally, the losing party would die as a result of wounds sustained in battle or be executed upon defeat. The Namakubi, or freshly severed head of the losing party would be prepared on a wooden tray then tagged in a regimented manner and presented to the leader of the winning clan as a gift.
 
 

The evening concluded with a Ortega Cigars Event Held at Fine Ash Cigar.  Sam and Rosie know how to do an event and I wish I could have stayed longer.  I'm the guy in the Green Polo talking to Sam in the back. Say Hi to Henry and Rosie, Sam's wife (from who I stole this photo)
 
 
Until Next Time #KeepATightAsh
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment